Effectively manage cost and performance for open pit and underground mine projects including pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, construction, and reclamation. HD PCM delivers increased accuracy, control, and visibility to owners, EPCMs, and contractors.
Integrate Cost and Schedule
HD PCM for Mining ties cost and schedule together for self-service, daily earned value reporting. HD PCM allows owners to easily create “what if” scenarios for analyzing cost/schedule changes and the impact of those changes.
Receive Daily Cost Updates
HD PCM is the only software that gives real-time approximate cost within 2-5% of actuals. Daily cost updates are available with 98% accuracy. Don’t wait 4-8 weeks after month end for cost updates; get them now to make decisions now.
Accurately Measure Progress
HD PCM for Mining offers detailed and timely project status information to gain immediate insight into what was estimated and budgeted, versus actual project performance.
Manage Complex Arrangements
HD PCM turns complex arrangements into easy, repeatable processes, including:
- shift and overtime arrangements
- multiple currencies
- labor bonuses
- time-based cost escalations
- varying advance rates and productivity factors
- extensive equipment modeling
- flexible calculations for indirect cost
CAE Studio 5D Planner / EPS Integration
Enables the ability to create “what if” scenarios across the mine plan, schedule, and cost model, providing instant answers.
Subscribers to InfoMine’s CostMine equipment database can access the library and populate the work back into HD PCM with one click.
HD PCM for Mining Empowers Companies:
- Maintain labor rate files that are specific to the area of work, and adjust resource rates for each project without affecting master rates.
- Model equipment rates in detail to automatically drive related costs, e.g., mechanics, fuel, tires, etc.
- Predefine crews and assemblies with advance rate/productivity factors.
- Use wage scales for automatic calculation of overtime costs and labor bonuses.
- Easily perform “what if” analysis and apply man-hour factors to adjust to project-specific conditions.
- Embed existing Excel spreadsheets and dynamically link the values to the HD PCM estimate to handle complex calculations for advance rates and indirect cost.
- Automatically track changes made to the estimate/budget with a full audit trail that shows the impact of each change.
- Take advantage of hundreds of predefined report output options, or create your own reports.
“Our bids using spreadsheets were 10-20% less accurate than those done in HD PCM.”
Rouan du Rand
Project Controls Manager, Redpath
Rely on HD Project Performance
HD PCM for Mining offers detailed and timely project status information to gain immediate insight into what was estimated and budgeted, versus actual project performance. Through flexible daily reports, the whole project perspective is clearly displayed, showing variances and forecast at completion.
Inefficiencies in production are easily corrected with HD PCM because project information is in real-time, giving complete control over factors that impact the overall project.
- View quantities and completion status for each scope item by specific time period.
- Automatically compare as-built vs. plan for critical factors such as man hours, costs, and production.
- Create daily precise foreman reports and cost-to-budget status reports.
- Forecast production values in more than a dozen formats.
- Customize views, save, print, or send job-tracking figures by using predefined sorting and filters.
- Collaborate and track project information simultaneously with the HD PCM-multiuser network across remote locations.
See it All with Real-time Project Visibility
HD PCM for Mining brings the project plan to life with real-time visibility of scope, cost, and schedule throughout the project lifecycle.
Powerful integration with leading scheduling software like Oracle Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project establishes a live relationship between the detailed cost model, work plan, and schedule. All areas of a project are instantly visible to all contributors, allowing them to make informed work plans and scheduling decisions.
- Create cost and resource-loaded schedules in record time and synchronize work plan, budget, and schedule.
- Control updated activity IDs, descriptions, durations, completion dates, resources, and costs.
- Automatically load scope items, estimated durations, resources, and costs into the schedule.
- Slice and dice the project and create user-defined roll ups to support internal and external reporting requirements.
- Build dashboards and graphs to provide detailed information on cash flow, earned value, and resource utilization.
HD PCM for Mining Video
Our HD PCM for Mining video (running time: 23 minutes) featuring Solutions Engineer Ryan Craaybeek covers how to:
- Create detailed, flexible cost structures
- Utilize cost libraries
- Implement cost details
- Integrate schedules
- Track project performance
Request a Demo
Share your business needs with us and we’ll give you a live demo tailored to your company. Fill out the short form to schedule your free customized HD PCM demo today.
- Manage time, scope, and cost!
- Learn how to reduce project costs by 15%!